Knox County YMCA Certified Personal Trainers are available to YMCA members as well as non-members. The personal training program is based on your individual needs and limitations. Only personal trainers who are staff members of the YMCA may provide personal training within Knox County YMCA facilities. Sessions are offered one-on-one, semi-private and small group training. Sessions must be paid in full before they can be used, and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There are so many reasons why working with a Certified Personal Trainer can benefit you, such as added variety to your workouts, maximizing your time, specific personal attention, enhanced results and increased support.
We believe in health and well-being for everyone. We are here for you, to help you grow in spirit, mind, and body. At the Y, you will be part of a welcoming and nurturing environment where together we will achieve the results you have always wanted. No matter where you start, we can help you get to where you want to be.
One-On-One 30-Minute Motivator
Fast and fun results driven workout with a Certified Personal Trainer. These workouts are a great way to begin or end your day. Fully customizable schedule for how often and when you work together.
One-On-One 60-Minute Full Potential
On-on-one personal training sessions with a Certified Personal Trainer. One hour sessions include fitness assessment, cardio respiratory training, resistance training and personal coaching. Fully customizable schedule for how often and when you work together
A great way to get results and motivate each other by training with two to three individuals under the direction of a Certified Personal Trainer. Fully customizable schedule for how often and when you work together.
Small Group Training
Small group personal training offers clients the enthusiasm and encouragement from a group environment while still getting personalized attention and fitness routines.
*Minimum of four participants per group.
MEET OUR CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERS
- Certifications: Bodypump®, RPM®, Pound®, ACE Personal Trainer
- Healthy Living Coordinator
- Biggest result with a client: I trained a young lady who needed to lose several pounds prior to surgery. When we began, she was frustrated and lacked cardio stamina. After her surgery, she became a total workout enthusiast and met ever challenge head on.
- How you would define your training style: Listening is the foundation. From there trust, goal-setting, motivation and challenges will become the building blocks.
- Favorite workout: RPM®
- Your Y story: My Y story actually began when I took swimming lessons at the YMCA on the corner of Seminary and East Ferris Streets in downtown Galesburg and watching my brother play basketball there. Next, some 25+ years later, my son joined the Summer Adventures Day Camp. It was reassuring to know that he was supervised, safe and having fun with friends each day. And now, for several years, I have been a Group Fitness Instructor at the Y and had the opportunity to become certified as an ACE Personal Trainer in addition to taking on the role of the Healthy Living Coordinator! I am so very appreciative of those who encouraged me and saw my potential to step forward as a leader.
Randy is a Certified Personal Trainer (ISSA),Senior Fitness Specialization (ISSA)
While a student at Carl Sandburg College in the mid-eighties, I taught weight training here at the Knox County YMCA. I always wanted to return to teaching weight training and fitness classes, but I spent the next 34 years working as a radiation therapist and raising a family. Since retiring from full-time radiation therapy in March 2022, I completed the Personal Trainer Certification through the International Sports Science Association (ISSA). Since I love working with people my age or older, and I have an interest in medical conditions, I also completed the Senior Fitness Specialization through the ISSA. Although I am interested in working with people of all ages and goals, I am especially interested in working with people who have heart, joint, and other medical conditions. During my teenage years and early twenties, I had a special interest in bodybuilding, and throughout those years I trained myself and others in muscle building techniques. Although I now focus on a general, well-rounded fitness program, I still have that knowledge in bodybuilding to share with others. I am a firm believer that every client needs individualized training, and I will work with clients to achieve their specific goals.
Please contact Darla Powell, Healthy Living Coordinator 309-342-0420 with any questions regarding Personal Training.