Before & After School Program
Registration for the 2023-2024
School Year is OPEN!
Please click HERE to review the Parent Handbook before you register.
(We hope this handbook helps you understand all of the fun things that your child will have the opportunity to participate in this year while being involved in our program).
The Before and After School Program is offered to students from Kindergarten to 6th Grade. Our program is located at the students' schools.
Before school care is offered from 6:30 a.m. to the start of school. After school care is offered from after school until 6:00 p.m.
The primary goal of the Knox County YMCA Before & After School Program is to provide a safe and happy place for your child to be while you are at work or attending school. Our childcare program concentrates on promoting the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
One-Time Registration Fee: Member $32 / Non-Member $34
Daily Rates: Member $6.75 per a.m. session and $6.75 per p.m. session
Non-Member $7.50 per a.m. session and $7.50 per p.m. session
*If you qualify for state assistance, you must register in person at the Member Service Desk
- To support and strengthen the family unit
- To help children develop to their full potential
- To deliver the program in a positive YMCA environment of safety, support, and care
- To promote the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
In all YMCA programs we seek to help individuals and families to do the following:
- Grow personally
- Improve personal and family relationships
- Appreciate diversity
- Become better leaders and supporters
- Develop specific individual skills
District #205 Galesburg Schools
- King Elementary School
- Silas Willard Elementary School
- Steele Elementary School
- Lombard Middle School - After School Only (held at the Knox County Y on Carl Sandburg Dr).
District #202 Knoxville
- Mable Woolsey Elementary
A typical day with the Before & After School Program includes the activities from these various program areas:
- Play/free time
- Homework/quiet games
- Creative/craft time
- Special events (American Red Cross Safety programs, Knox College Volunteers)
We have a very caring and dedicated staff at all of our Before and After School sites. The site directors and aides receive training in YMCA Childcare, CPR and First Aid. Staff may not be alone with children they meet in YMCA programs outside the YMCA program. This includes babysitting, sleepovers, driving or riding in cars, and inviting children to their homes. Any exceptions require a written explanation before the fact and are subject to prior administrator approval.
Please contact our Member Service Desk at 309-344-1324 or Erin Brown-Powell, Senior Program Director, with any questions regarding the Before & After School Program.