The preschool classroom at the Early Learning Center is participating once again in the Adopt-A-Cow Program, in which they remotely adopt and follow the growth of a single cow. This year’s cow is named Sara and she lives on the Knebel Dairy Farm in Wisconsin. The Adopt-A-Cow Program is an opportunity for the children to learn more about animals, to follow the growth stages of their selected animal, and to grow along with her. Our children entered a video contest to win a trip to a farm, and are currently waiting to hear back about it. Through adopting Sara the cow, they can learn about ear tags, milk production, growth stages, and much more! They are also able to monitor the cow’s growth, receive updates, and learn about farms, animals and nutrition.
We're proud to be a part of serving the needs of the community and your support inspires us to do so much more!
Good things come together at the Knox County YMCA. We're more than a gym, we're a cause.
From exciting sports programs to the latest workout activities, there's a little something for everyone.
We hope you enjoy all of the benefits we have to offer!
- 24-hour access to the Downtown Galesburg YMCA (for those 18 & over)
- Nationwide Membership (Click here)
- Two Gyms
- Vitale Pool
- Racquetball Court
- Wellness Centers
- Weight Rooms
- Wellness Studios
- Downtown Cycling Studio
- Indoor Track
- Childwatch Rooms
- 30 Minute Y Express Workout Room
- Arcade Games in McBride Gym
- Group Fitness Classes
- Aquatic Fitness Classes
- Wellness Coaching
- "Noon Ball" Adult Basketball
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Men’s Steam Room
- Co-Ed Sauna
- Women's Sauna
- Full Body Massage Chairs
- HydroMassage Lounge Chairs
- Towel Service at our Knox County Family location
We also hope you enjoy the Wellness and Weight Rooms at the Knoxville YMCA and Downtown Galesburg YMCA; Branches of the Knox County YMCA.
To get the most out of your membership, we recommend you schedule a Wellness Coaching appointment to familiarize yourself with our facilities, equipment, and make a plan for your wellness goals. We'd also be happy to give you a "grand tour" of our facility if the Y is new to you. Contact us today at 309-344-1324!
- Youth (0-18) Includes one child up to 18 years of age $16/month
- Adult (19-61) Includes one individual 19 through 61 years of age $39/month
- Senior (62+) Includes one individual 62 years of age and over $31/month
- Household Includes two adults living in the same household and their dependents up through age 26 with verified residence and/ or enrollment in school. $52/month
- Silver Sneakers & Prime* Insurance programs are offered to eligible members at little to no cost. Check your eligibility here!
- AARP/ Be Well* Offered to eligible members who are part of the AARP/ BeWell Insurance Program. Check your eligibility here!
- Renew Active* Offered to eligible members who are part of the Renew Active by United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Insurance Program. Check your eligibility here!
- Silver & Fit* Offered to eligible members who are part of the Silver or Active & Fit by American Specialty Health Insurance Program. Call us to check your availability!
*Insurance Programs must be set up in person at on of our Member Service Desks.
Please contact us at 309-344-1324 for join fee information or questions.
Become a member!
Memberships are offered to businesses in our community at a subsided rate. You can view more information in our flyer below, or click HERE to download a version.
Please contact our Member Service Desk at 309-344-1324 for a list of eligible organizations.
Nationwide Membership enable Y members to visit any participating YMCA in the United States. Valid for active, full facility YMCA members. Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time. Program-only participants are not eligible for nationwide membership. Special memberships (group homes, other agencies, etc.) are not eligible. To find a Y in another location, visit ymca.net.
Membership payments are set up as an automatic monthly draft on the 1st or 15th of each month from a checking or savings account. Bank drafts are a continuous, ongoing membership until the Knox County YMCA receives a 30 day written notice of cancellation. Payments can also be made annually. A 3% processing fee will be charged to all monthly memberships that choose to draft from a credit/debit card (Discover, MasterCard or VISA). Please contact our Member Service Desk with your checking/savings account information to avoid the additional cost.
The Knox County YMCA offers financial assistance to those with the inability to pay for services. We offer scholarships for memberships and programs, with no one turned away due to the inability to pay. Please contact our Member Service Desk at 309-344-1324 or 309-342-0420 for more information regarding our scholarship policy.