Volunteerism & Giving
Strong Kids Campaign
The Knox County YMCA Strong Kids Campaign helps to provide support for individuals and families in need to participate in YMCA programs. The Y is the leading non-profit for strengthening communities through youth development, health living and social responsibility. We strongly believe every person should have the opportunity to participate in our programs, regardless of their ability to pay.
Financial assistance keeps the Y available for kids and families who need it most. We count on the generosity of our members and community to help people of all ages and walks of life be more healthy, confident, connected and secure. When you give to the Y, your gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact in your own neighborhood.
Levels of Giving:
- $3,000+: A Strong Kids Corporate Sponsor Gift would enable one child to attend ½ year of full-time day care or 27 children to attend one week of summer day camp.
- $1,500: A Strong Kids Banner Sponsor Gift may provide for two single-parent family members or six youth memberships.
- $250: A Pacesetting Club Gift would provide one youth membership or an opportunity to participate in four youth league sports$50: A Friend of Youth Gift would provide a summer membership for one youth.
YMCA Youth Sports Sponsors
The Knox County YMCA would like to thank the following sponsor for their support of Youth Sports Programs. Sponsoring a youth sports league at the YMCA enables a business to make an investment in a precious commodity: our children. Specifically, your sponsorship dollars help to purchase sporting equipment to assist those who are unable to afford the league, and to keep the league fees to a minimum. Youth Sports Sponsors are listed on a banner in our gym and used as names for youth sports teams. For future Youth Sports Sponsorship opportunities, contact Justin Inskeep at 344-1324 or email@example.com.
- Sully's Restaurant
- OSF St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Galesburg Christian School
- Ladner Orthodontics
- Galesburg Firefighters Local #555
- Breedlove’s Sporting Goods
- G&M Distributors
- Gaylen Johnson D.D.S.
- Bruner, Cooer & Zuck
- Johnson Building Systems
- Mangieri Electric
- Seminary Village
- Elks Lodge 894
- Hungry Hobo
- Stone Hayes
For over 25 years, the Knox County YMCA has held an Annual Raffle in the summer. This family friendly themed cookout, silent auction with great local prizes, and a raffle for $11,000 in cash prizes guarantees a great time! All proceeds go to support YMCA Kid Care Station and provide financial assistance for disadvantaged persons.
The Heritage Club recognizes and thanks those who have taken steps now to help guarantee a strong future for the Y by including a gift to the YMCA Endowment in their estate plans.
There are many ways to accomplish this including, but not limited to:
- Gift in your will or revocable living trust
- Future gift of a life insurance policy
- Creation of a charitable trust
For more information on how you can help create a brighter tomorrow for kids and families in our community, contact Adam Sampson at 344-1324.